Repeat a Song
by Chance Smith
UPDATED: 5/10/2023 - new song
It’s true, I repeat the same song over and over. My longest run I believe is 3 months (12 weeks). I’ll only do this when I’m working on a development project or project management work. Otherwise, I’ll listen to nothing or white noise.
It’s not just me
I found recently that Tools of Titans by Timothy Ferriss talks about this being a productivity hack. So, I’m not alone in finding this method of productivity.
Fun fact: I don’t know the lyrics
When I’m listening, I am enjoying the rythum and can say most of the lyrics as it plays, but I don’t remember any lyrics or the name of the song.
So, I’d thought I’d recall, record, and share the songs.
Here is a list of songs I’ve repeated over the years:
- Decode by Paramore (learning HTML, JS, CSS 2008, 2008)
- so many songs in between
- Too Close by Alex Clare (2013)
- Lights cover by Melanie Martinez (2015)
- Trampoline by Shaed (2019)
- The Search by NF (2021)
- Hideaway by Jacob Collier (2021)
- Billie Eilish - James bond song, amoung many others
- Coheed and Cambria - many songs
- No Name by NF (2022 - 2 Months)
- Cut My Fingers Off by Ethan Bortnick (2023)
- Let Em Pray by NF (Lifeway comms-center project 4/7/23 - 5/5/2023)
- Suffice by NF (Lifeway comms-center project 5/5/2023 - present) 🎧